UBC attracts talented faculty, researchers and students from every continent. Inter-university research agreements, collaborations among colleagues from institutions around the world, and exchange programs for students, faculty, and staff make UBC a hub of intellectual, social and cultural interchange.
The Office of the Vice President Research & International provides strategic direction for UBC’s international engagement, supports the creation of international partnerships and formal agreements for mobility and research collaborations, helps people to gain access to resources, and creates new opportunities to connect around the world.
Our office primarily provides strategic support to University leaders and faculty members, and acts as a first point of contact for peer institutions around the world. While we do help to negotiate mobility agreements between UBC and other universities, our office does not work directly with international students. Please contact these units for specific assistance and information:
- For questions involving student mobility (exchanges), please contact the Go Global program.
- For questions about joint degree programs, contact Grace Wong, Senior Advisor International, Office of the Provost and VP Academic, at (604) 822-8546.
- If you are interested in studying at UBC as an international student, please visit the Connections for Life program for information. Current international students can find a full range of support and advice through UBC Student Services, including information for international students who are new to UBC. International student advisors and peer advisors can be found through the Go Global program.
- International graduate students can find information, including new funding opportunities, at the UBC Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- International alumni are an important link for UBC around the world. To find out more about connecting with alumni, visit www.alumni.ubc.ca.
Use the menu at right to find out more about UBC's international strategy, funding and mobility opportunities for faculty and students, and contact information for our international engagement experts.