Last fall, the UBC Health Executive identified Diabetes, Obesity, Nutrition, & Exercise as a strategic priority for the next year.
September 11, 2017 10:00-12:00
Vancouver campus: Alumni Centre Jack Poole Hall [6163 University Blvd, Vancouver
Okangan campus: UNC 325 [3272 University Way, Kelowna]
With support from the Offices of the Vice-Presidents Research and Academic and the Associate Deans Research and Academic, some preliminary work has begun to inventory and establish a framework for coordination in cross-cutting areas that complement disease-specific Faculty foci, align with public priorities, and build on existing areas of UBC excellence.
We'd like to invite you to attend a working session on Diabetes, Obesity, Nutrition, & Exercise to share experiences and explore opportunities for further collaboration and innovation and to help build a base to support future strategic investment, leadership and coordination.
- Bring researchers from across the university together;
- Identify research priorities and sub-themes relating to the intersection of Diabetes, Obesity, Nutrition, & Exercise ;
- Begin identifying opportunities for further interdiscplinary collaboration across the University;
- Solicit feedback from researchers on the barriers that currently limit those collaborations;
- Define what is needed for coordinated efforts;
- Draw a path forward for further synergizing expertise in Diabetes, Obesity, Nutrition, & Exercise that currently exists across campus.
This invitation is intended for UBC researchers who work on various aspects of Diabetes, Obesity, Nutrition, and Exercise. Please forward this invitation to colleagues that you know might be interested in participating.