UBC is pleased to announce the six recipients of the inaugural Killam Accelerator Research Fellowships.
These awards recognize exceptional early-career researchers at our Vancouver and Okanagan campuses who have demonstrated outstanding research achievement and the potential for significant impact in their fields of scholarship.
The six 2020 recipients are:
- Dr. Jonathan Little, School of Health/Exercise Sciences (Faculty of Health/Social Development) UBC Okanagan
- Dr. Ali Mesbah, Electrical & Computer Engineering (Applied Science) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Sara Milstein, Classical, Near Eastern & Religious Studies (Arts) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Jeanine Rhemtulla, Forest & Conservation Sciences (Forestry) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Katherine Ryan, Chemistry (Science) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Leonid Sigal, Computer Science (Science) UBC Vancouver
The Killam Accelerator Research Fellowship program is established through a bequest from the late Dorothy J. Killam, and strengthens UBC’s support for early-career researchers who are ready to launch the next stage of their careers. Offered on a competitive basis, up to six awards will be made annually through the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund.
Recipients will be recognized at an annual event in May and will deliver a public lecture within the two-year term of the fellowship.
To learn more about the Killam Accelerator Research Fellowships please visit: https://research.ubc.ca/support-researchers/prizes-awards/internal-faculty-awards-deadlines