In the Faculty of Land and Food Systems, our researchers are addressing critical global issues around human health, a sustainable food supply, and land and water resources.
Our researchers have attracted millions of dollars in research funding from sources including Genome Canada, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Michael Smith Scholar, the Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
Our experts are conducting groundbreaking research in many areas including:
- animal biology, health, and welfare;
- food technology, genomics, and safety;
- plant and soil health;
- watershed management;
- food security and sovereignty;
- community health and nutrition;
- agricultural land use and impact;