SponsorThe Royal Society of Canada
Sponsor deadline: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Internal deadline: Monday, August 23, 2021
Departments, divisions, institutes, schools and faculties are encouraged to embed equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) considerations in their nomination strategies. The preliminary selection form includes a field for describing how EDI was considered in the selection of proposed nominations.
There are two distinct routes by which candidates may be nominated for election to the Society:
1) NOMINATION BY FELLOW:
- Fellows are eligible to nominate candidates and are encouraged to support their peers.
- Nominations by Fellows are submitted to the Royal Society of Canada independently of the VPRI Awards Office.
2) NOMINATION UNDER INSTITUTIONAL MEMBER (IM) CATEGORY:
Preliminary submission form deadline: 9 am on Monday, August 23, 2021
- UBC as Institutional Member (under UBC's President). IM category nominations do not carry additional weight in the RSC adjudication process.
- Nominations under this category are facilitated by the VPRI Awards Office.
- To propose a candidate a short preliminary selection form must be submitted by August 23. (Now closed, email email@example.com with questions.)
- View 2021 form as a PDF
RSC Fellows are those with exceptional and original publications, intellectual achievements, and creative activities, with achievements in the arts, humanities, social sciences, or sciences. They are either Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents for at least 3 consecutive years. Download the 2021 FRSC Nomination Guide