UBC attracts over $650 million in research funding from government, industry and not-for-profit partners across the globe.
Research Funding Summary
In 2018/19, a record number of 9,544 projects were supported, with a combined budget of $669.1m, also a new high.
2018/19 saw new highs in:
- Total funding: $669.1m
- The number of projects: 9,544
- The value of Tri-Agency funding: $222.6m
- The value of industry funding $69.6m
- The number of industry projects: 1,391
- The value of Non-profit funding: $167.7m
- The number of Non-profit projects: 2,826
*CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC
$669,068,069 9,544 projects
OTHER GOVERNMENT FUNDING
Industry research funding
All data are frozen year-end figures, provided by the Office of Research Services.