UBC attracts over $650-million in research funding from government, industry and non-profit partners across the globe.
Research Funding Summary
In 2019/20, a record number of 9,941 projects were supported, with a combined budget of $672.7M, also a new high.
2019/20 saw new highs in:
- Total funding: $672.7M
- The number of projects: 9,941
- The value of Tri-Agency funding*: $235.5M
- The value of industry funding $70.6M
- The number of industry projects: 1,424
- The value of Non-profit funding: $181.8M
- The number of Non-profit projects: 2,942
*CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC & New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF)
$672,666,479 9,941 projects
OTHER GOVERNMENT FUNDING
Industry research funding
All data are frozen year-end figures, provided by the Office of Research Services.