UBC attracts over $700-million in research funding from government, industry and non-profit partners.
Research Funding Summary
We are aware that all disciplines and funding sectors continued to be impacted differently by the pandemic in 2021/22, and that the longer-term impact of the pandemic on funding patterns will take a number of years to be fully realized.
In 2021/22, a record number of 10,218 projects were supported, with a combined budget of $773.7M, also a historic high.
2021/22 saw new highs in:
- Total funding: $773.7M
- The number of projects: 10,218
- The value of industry funding: $80.3M
- The number of projects with industry partners: 1,436
- The value of non-profit funding: $210.4M
- The number of projects with non-profit partners: 3,413
OTHER GOVERNMENT FUNDING
Industry research funding
All data are frozen year-end figures, provided by the Office of Research Services.