UBC is committed to providing an environment that supports the best research and scholarly practices and fosters researchers’ abilities to act honestly, accountably, openly and fairly.
The following UBC policies are relevant to research, intellectual property and knowledge mobilization.
- #16 - The Non-University Use of University Services and Facilities
- #85 - Scholarly Integrity
This policy makes clear the responsibilities and standards required of UBC researchers engaged in scholarly activity. It also provides a process for dealing with allegations of scholarly misconduct.
read morE ABOUT SCHOLARLY INTEGRITY
- #87 - Research
- #88 - Inventions and Discoveries
See also: Tax Treatment of Payments under Policy #88
- #89 - Research Involving Human Participants
- #90 - Over-expenditures on Research and Specific Purpose Trust/Project Grants
- #97 - Conflict of Interest & Conflict of Commitment
It is important COI forms are completed when submitting Ethics documentation.
RISe - On-line Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Declaration forms
- #105 - Acceptance, Management and Sale of Technology Licensing Equity
- #109 - Ownership
- #110 - All Commercial Uses of the University Trade Marks
- #111 - Internal Audit, Investigations and Financial Whistleblower
- #1 - Signing Authority: General Contracts & Agreements
- #11 - Signing Authority: Research Contracts & Agreements
Other UBC Policies for which VPRI is a Responsible Executive
- #5 - Sustainable Development
- #6 - Environmental Protection Compliance
- #9 - Hazardous Materials Management
- #10 - Procedures for Working with Biohazardous Materials
- #11 - Radiation Safety
- #35 - Research Grants During Periods Other than Study Leave
- #37 - Research Grants as Part Payment During Study Leave
- #86 - Extraordinary Expenses – Grant and Contract-Funded Employees
- #95 - Formal Investigations
- #115 - Gifts